Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Scotland Summer 2013

So we had two weeks in Scotland although we left before my birthday so it'll be the first birthday in a while I've not celebrated in Scotland! We had a great time up North. It was relaxing and we did day trips out and about. I enjoyed fruit picking, as did Abi. Allen wasn't keen on the bugs! We played a bit of tennis and spent time with the family. Allen and I got to go away for 3 nights. We spent our actual anniversary at the Peat Inn in Fife. It's a brilliant restaurant and hotel too. We decided to have the 7 course tasting menu. A bit risky for me as I'm not that keen on meat but it was delicious. We chose our own wine, you could also include wine, but they had a good bottle of New Zealand wine we know we liked. They made us a special plate to eat with our coffee. It was a lovely evening, we've been meaning to go there for years so I'm glad we finally made it!
The next 2 nights were in Edinburgh. We stayed at the George Hotel, which is very central. We had a relaxing time walking around and eating very well too! We did a bit of shopping and also looked at a few flats as we're thinking of buying something else somewhere in Scotland! We had a brilliant three nights away and are very thankful to Marion and Allen's sister Louise who entertained Jacob and Abi for us, enjoying a trip to the beach and a dip in the sea too. I then went off to meet up with Ruth, Ali and baby Blake in Birmingham, another fun weekend of catching up and shopping! We returned to Belgium and on the same day my Mum and Dad arrived on Eurostar.


No comments: