Sunday, December 20, 2009

Last days in Chile.




Hi


On the Wednesday we went back to Lago Grey and did the walk to the icebergs and then the children played in the sand dunes for an hour or so while I slept in the sun and Allen read his book. We then had a picnic in the forest and did another hike to a nearby campsite. It was relaxing and fun. The only down side of the park was no ice cream places and it being very dusty and dirty. Not many people spoke English and we know no Spanish so I felt quite thick alot of the time. It made me want to learn the language so I'll be looking into that - when I have the time! Thursday was a day around our cabin. We did a walk up the nearby hill and a wander along the river. Jacob and Abi, once again, spent alot of their time with the kittens and dogs. They were both keen to take a kitten home on the plane, luckily I persuaded them not to. I've included photos of J&A with the dog and kittens and one of an over all view from above where we were staying. We drove back to Punta and popped into the town for lunch. Managed to buy J&A shoes while we were there. Had our last night back at La Casa Escondida, again with excellent BBQ. We then flew out on the Saturday arriving back in time for me to have my hair cut for our Christmas do at the Mess that evening. It was a good holiday followed by a fun night out with friends.
One more post to end the week and it's seeing Santa!....

1 comment:

Claire said...

I've been trying to learn Spanish ...using Rosetta Stone - it seems to be working albeit slowly (but that's because I should spend more time on it than I do!). A bit worried as the girls would be learning Spanish now if they were at school in the UK...