Saturday, August 8, 2015

1st Birthday in Jordan

Well we have celebrated our first birthday in Jordan, it happened to be mine - we will have to work hard on bettering




this one! I started the day with an early morning coffee in bed as Allen was off to work at 7.30am. The kids then made me pancakes and we had a very relaxed morning with Abi making cakes. We had to unpack the last few boxes as the company came to pick them up on my birthday! So I had a relax on our roof terrace until Allen came back around lunch time. He had got his work car so we opened my presents, had lunch and then had cake - all on the roof terrace.


So we were all thoroughly spoilt for the weekend. On our return we had been invited around for drinks at someone who works in the Embassy here. I now have a list of restaurants and bars to try out. We ordered a curry from one of their recommendations tonight and it was delicious - eaten up on the roof terrace.

This coming week I will hopefully be able to start driving although we now have a taxi number to use, taxi's have refused to take us anywhere so far - apparently they are not keen on picking up white women. Luckily we can walk to most things so not really a problem. I do want to take the kids to the water park, will see if I manage this week.

Definitely have space for people to visit so book those flights.

Rachael.

No comments: