Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 2014-June2015!

Well from the title of this post I think you can see I have been rubbish at up dating our blog! Will try and summarise the past year. We had a fab holiday in Florida, celebrating July 4th on Miami Beach. We also managed to meet up with Nadine and family in Northern Florida spending a few days with Phill's brother too. We did the Everglades, a boat tour and Orlando too, plus some great shopping!

Jacob finished at the British School on SHAPE and started at the British School of Brussels (BSB). This is around 1.5 hours on the bus each way for him. He's been brilliant and not moaned at all. I am not so happy about getting up at 6.10am each day! He took part in trampolining club and loved it. He has made so good friends there and will be sad to leave this summer. He's about to go on a school residential to the south of France.

Abi is about to finish year 6 at the British School on SHAPE. She's had a great year, she's continued swimming, swimming in the CHAMPS at Eindhoven in February. She bridged to Cadettes with Girl Scouts and completed her Bronze Award which culminated in handing




out Christmas bags to soldiers being deployed. She played her Ocarina at the British Fete in the talent show and also won first prize for her cake decorating skills. Abi will be sad to leave her friends here too.

I've continued my supply teaching and tutoring too. I have carried on leading my Junior Girl Scout group - with 30 girls! I have also enjoyed taking my English Conversation Group and trying to speak as much French in my French Conversation group - think I have improved, can now hold a decent chat and argue when needed! So all in all I have been extremely busy but happy too.

Allen has travelled widely with work, I got to go to Rome with him that was fun. He was president of Abi's swim team which took up a huge amount of time! He also ran a half marathon on no training and a tough mudder run. We are both in a fun running club that runs on a Sunday morning. He has loved the Belgium Beer!

Other holidays have included a trip to Warsaw, Prague, London, a few trips to the UK, Cyprus and Germany. Jacob turned 12 and is nearly as tall as me. Abi is now 11, she chose to go to the UK with a friend to a trampolining place - they had loads of fun.

So our next big move is to Jordan. Allen will be working for the Jordanian Army in Amman. We are all looking forward to exploring a new part of the world. However, before this big move we have Allen's Mum's 70th Birthday to celebrate, Allen's nephew's 21st birthday, friends visiting from America, Abi's leaving dinner from school and a farewell BBQ for us at Mum and Dad's - lots of things to fit in in the next 6 weeks. I will try to update this more. I will pick a few photos from the past year to add in!

No comments: