Monday, January 18, 2010

A Relaxing Weekend











Hi

For once we had a quiet weekend. We skipped the Mess Happy Hour on Friday as Jacob and Abi had woken up at 5.30am so were pretty tired by 5pm! Instead we had a tasty tea and DVD together. Saturday is homework morning, then, as it was rubbish weather, I took them to see Where the Wild Things Are at the cinema. This is one of my favourite books, mainly due to the illustrations. The film was good but a little sad for me. Abi was a fidget bum and was on and off my lap for most of the film. They did enjoy it.

Jacob is now riding his bike with much more confidence so we decided to cycle to the Mess for a late breakfast on Sunday. I've included a photo of them both cycling around our circle. It was a calm day here on Sunday, very unusual, so we played some golf out the back of the house - another photo of that. Then we did a walk up Pleasant Peak. It's very close to the base. You may well see the base in the back of one of the photos. There are 2 memorials up there but we've only managed to get to one of them so far. So, on Sunday, we climbed to both. Quite steep drops in places but we were fine. Abi managed to sit in a very wet patch and Jacob's foot went in a really muddy bog bit but everyone enjoyed it. I felt like I'd worked off my cooked breakfast and Jacob and Abi loved the rock climbing. The rest of the day was spent playing outside, going on the bikes and playing at the park.

As I'm typing this it is throwing it down, probably a bit like the UK!
Hope all is well with everyone

Rachael.

No comments: